Quentin Zervaas "Practical Web 2.0 Applications with PHP (With Source Code)"
Dec 2007 | English | ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-906-8 | 593 Pages | PDF | 5.76 MB
Want to assert yourself as a cutting–edge PHP web developer? Take a practical approach, learning by example from author Quentin Zervaas, and discover how to bring together the many technologies needed to create a successful, modern web application.
* Create cutting–edge PHP/MySQL web applications.
* Implement must–have functionality such as blogs, maps, search functionality, and dynamic image galleries.
What you’ll learn
* How to set up the perfect PHP/MySQL application development environment
* How to implement basic user management functionality
* How to use many of the components from the Zend Framework
* How to create standards–compliant and accessible HTML code and effectively style it using CSS
* How to create a basic blog system and enhance it with Ajax
* How to add personalized user areas to your web application
* How to create a dynamic image gallery
* How to add search functionality to your application
* How to use the Google Maps API to add maps to your application
* How to implement popular Web 2.0 features, such as microformats, tags, and web feeds